View Single Post
Old 11-05-17, 09:25 AM
bomberesque

Bikes: Mercian tandem, Eddy Merckx Cosa Exra, Colnago Master, Diamant Oria Mg0.0,Evil Sovereign, IBIS Tranny, Jeffson SS, Cotic Rocket, Kona Super Dew

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks

good point about the 2 chainrings perhaps being too close together for the chains to cross, I can mock that up on another bike and see...
...as for eccentric adjustment when moving from high to low configuration or visa versa, yes that could be true but I have eccentrics on other bikes and don't find them too much faff to adjust (a case of how often you have to do it I guess)

however, the barend shifter comment is a really intriguing one. I have used barend shifters in the past and am not soooo keen but if just for the FD (using the SRAM Force CX 11sp doubletap set for the rear shifting) then there could be a good solution there. probably end up with tandem specific crankset(s) but at least I would get drop bar shifting for the most part with only a minor inconvenience when I want to shift the FD and it would easily accommodate the triple if I ended up with that

Just been told by my supplier that Middleburn tandem cranks are indeed available with just about any combo of chainrings (including compact double standards) and they look great, especially on a steel frame so there's that possibility if I drop some cash

Thanks for your time, New Bike Day incoming!