View Single Post
Old 02-11-19, 05:53 PM
IBOHUNT

Bikes: Motobecane Fantom Cross; Cannondale Supersix replaced the Giant TCR which came to an untimely death by truck

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by sarals
Wow, that is SOME car, Ibo! Beautiful. Is it a manual or automatic? V8 or V6?

The surgery is scheduled for this Wednesday AM. I'll put a post here (and email you and @Heathpack) when I can to let you all know how things went, and how much metal I'll have in my foot. It won't be as much as @Racer Ex had, his injury was pretty serious.

@IBOHUNT, it was such a delight meeting you at T-Town. I'm so glad you came to the track! Yeah, the racing is different on a velodrome, but to me - it's home! Ex was saw that early on in me, but my brain can be an immovable object, and it took me a while to come around. I'm glad I finally did. I hope to see you again!!
Sara - It's a LT1 (6.2L) V8 with an 8-speed automagic. I was looking at the ZL1's which adds ~200 hp but that's just tickets waiting to get written. This will probably the last vehicle I buy and it will sit more than it should probably. Bought the wife a Daytona Charger back in 2006 and it's got ~20,000 miles on it.

I'm Still a fan of the motor I built for the 85 truck; even at a docile 9.5:1 compression ratio it dyno'd 350hp at the wheel. I need to put a 4-link in it. Not a chance in getting it to hook to the pavement the way it is.

Good luck Wednesday. Keep us informed.