Old 06-28-19, 09:40 PM
KraneXL

Bikes: Cannondale Quick SL1 Bike - 2014

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3405 Post(s)
Liked 240 Times in 185 Posts
Did anybody watch the video? The fact that these harsh cycling laws and penalties have come into effect during the growing popularity of the e-bike and amid the increasing rate of cycling incidents involving pedestrians is just a coincidence? One really needs to stretch his level of irrationality to believe that one.
Originally Posted by Paul Barnard
People understand me fine. I very often get thanked for the pleasantness of my interaction. I have ridden with a girl who used a bell, and the reaction of the people we encountered wasn't nearly as predictable as it is when I slow and say "I am going to ease around your left" in a conversational tone. Following that, as I am beside them, I'll exchange pleasantries.

The reaction I described in the previous post is, I suspect, a fear reaction based on other riders blasting past them.
So you're saying that somebody invented the bike bell and municipalities and governments adopted them into law even though informing people in a conversation voice already worked?

Trust me on this one, don't try to reinvent the wheel, and don't go off on tangents. Stick with what works, is universally acceptable, and already has a legal precedent in place.