Old 10-18-20, 02:34 PM
brawlo

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked 76 Times in 57 Posts
Originally Posted by RadDog
Based upon your advice, then, I should go for the heavier 32/32 Dura aced hub wheelset at 1680 grams.
Kind of yes, kind of no. If it’s a utility wheel for now to lay down some miles, then those are more than fine. The hubs should last you a long time. My own wheels (were my fat boy race wheels but now my only everyday wheels) are Kinlin rims (now discontinued XR279 rim) to DA hubs with 28/32 spokes. They are solid and have never gone out of true. Their only adjustment was the initial bedding in adjustment after about 100miles of riding.

I’d get them and ride the crap out of them. My only reservation would be with the rims. They’re a light rim, but that would depend on where you ride as to how long they last. I trashed a Velocity A23 rim hitting a pothole. Not a catastrophic failure, but cracked the rim at 3 spokes. That’s why I built up with a heavier rim after that. I enjoy the peace of mind being able to ride around without worrying about my wheels. I used to have a set of 50mm Shimano RS81 wheels for racing. Those were nice! But I stopped racing on the road so much and sold them as I wasn’t using them enough

EDIT: BTW that A23 rim died after I had put 3 years of riding into it. It's not like it was a failure right out of the box.

Last edited by brawlo; 10-18-20 at 04:21 PM.
Likes For brawlo: