Old 12-04-19, 03:50 AM
tim24k

Bikes: To many to list. I like them all!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 32 Posts
Originally Posted by 12boy
On my Brompton I would prefer V-brakes, a chrome moly frame and fork for lightness and room for more tire choices. I would also like to have the option for threadless stems, a seat post that does not require a plastic insert and a more easily replaceable bushing for the rear triangle hinge. I like the rear suspension and the long wheelbase and I love its capacity to carry quite a bit of weight low on the headtube, not on the forks.
LOL, to start with are you sure you have a Brompton? Brompton does have a Chrome Moly frame and forks!

Tiny wheels make for a tiny fold package. That is the main reason I and many other people buy the Brompton. If you want fatter tires you have other choices on folding bikes. I have a pair of old Dahon TR 24 that have 20x2.0 Big Apples also Bike Friday Lama will take 20x2.1 tires. Will they fold down as small and as fast? NO!

What is this plastic insert seat post thing? I own two Bromptons and nether one have a “plastic insert” that I can see. Are you sure you have a Brompton?

Last edited by tim24k; 12-04-19 at 04:19 AM.
Likes For tim24k: