sarals 
Idiot Emeritus

Bikes: Yes.

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Racer Ex
Sara, for the crit a warm up is crucial, it may go off sedately, or it may go off ballastic so you have to be prepared for both. FWIW I don't feed the same for a crit as I would for a longer race; I'll have a sport drink or a gel but I won't generally eat much beyond that for a morning race. If it's later in the day I'll have a light breakfast.

This is a learner. Keep your head and eyes up the road at all times and avoid target fixation. Be smooth. Get ready for the accordion effect on the corners. Be aware of any wind and position yourself to stay sheltered when you're heading into the headwind.

Cool down after...you need to get rid of the lactic that you've accumulated; it'll be a much better day after if you do.
Ex, will do, thank you! It's a 3:30PM race, so I'll likely have a light breakfast late in the morning. What do you think about a gel 20 minutes before the start?