View Single Post
Old 08-06-18, 12:42 PM
tandempower

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8084 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by linberl
So rent it the day before and return it the day after; you'll pay a bit more but it will fit your schedule. Geez. What would you do if you couldn't drive for some reason? You'd either take a different vacation or make it work somehow. It's like you think people in this thread have an obligation to figure it out for you, lol.
I don't think that's what he's doing. I think what he's doing is to promote trucks by advertising a fine vacation that wouldn't be possible without the truck. He's basically trying to get car-free people to salivate over what they could do if they would go buy or rent a truck. It's like going on a dieting forum and talking about how delicious food is, etc.

In reality, LCF is just a question of modifying your wants until they are doable without a car/truck. Still, you'lre going to get all these people who say, "but I don't WANT to modify my wants AND stop telling me that I should . . ." Some people just don't want anyone to say that anyone else should do anything. Of course, they are telling you you shouldn't say what other people should, which is a contradiction.