Old 08-07-18, 01:21 PM
Mobile 155

Bikes: 2013 Haro FL Comp 29er MTB.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1470 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by cooker
No. There is one person here who loves to talk about Uber and Lyft, and nobody who wants to or intends to use them regularly, and certainly not daily.

And to that one person car free is???? If the objection is simply not owning a car is there a difference between riding in a Uber and a bus or a taxi? All are ICE powered. All are owned by someone else and none are ICE free. Neither require one to exercise. And what happens if the cars are electric and on demand? Or is it a definition by someone other than the user that makes one car free? Does the reason for being car free matter? Not according to anything I have seen agreed upon in this forum.

By the definition used in this forum I did not own a car for 9 years. I commuted and went everywhere by motorcycle. Not a car as described by the forum definition. Was I car free? Did I even know I was car free? Did it really matter what I thought or anyone else? I didn't own a car, I didn't use a car, I didn't even want a car.

I am just saying there is no agreed upon car free in this forum. A consensus has been, Not owning a car and not having access in your home to a car. Uber, Lyft taxi and bus, jitney fit that bill. Your results may differ. I will leave it to the community to decide if motorcycles are cars and what isn't.

Last edited by Mobile 155; 08-07-18 at 01:24 PM.