Old 02-16-19, 04:17 PM
Doge

Bikes: 1979 Raleigh Team 753

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3374 Post(s)
Liked 371 Times in 253 Posts
Originally Posted by avole
I don't really know why you quoted my post, which was in response to Rajflyboy's drivel, as quoted in that post.
I quoted your post because the link is about reported doping cases. Which is not useful for any kind of determination on who dopes more.

There are all kinds of things we don't enforce - "California Stop", etc. A report has little relevance on it happening or not, unless we know there is consistent enforcement. We do tend to record every homicide, those are good numbers. We have no idea, not do we want one IMO, of what athletes are doping. Cycling got picked, thanks mostly to USADA Travis.

I do think using chemicals is more accepted in Europe than in the USA. As shown by the suggestion of requiring chemicals for those naturally high in T - see video above. USA is quite concerned about things that go in the body.

European sports have a different view about stuff. USA turned the beautiful game (soccer) into NFL where we review everything on video. Soccer - the referee just decides - done. That is different. I have officiated in Europe and the USA - it is different. Take that to cycling, some stuff that does not matter do much is a big deal here.

Eddy Merckx was caught doping and penalized more times than Lance. No biggie. But when it came to motors in bikes he spoke up - ban them for life.

Last edited by Doge; 02-16-19 at 04:20 PM.