View Single Post
Old 09-10-18, 04:37 PM
berkeley23

Bikes: '85 Miyata 610, '85 Miyata 310

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am also vertically-challenged, and I feel like all I find are bikes for taller people, too! My most comfortable fit is a 19-1/2" (48.5) Miyata 610. Before I found that one (here - in the "are you looking for one of these" threads), I was riding a 21" (53) that I thought fit; after getting the 48.5/19.5 realized how much better the smaller bike fits my body - feels like I can generate more power, etc. Before being bitten by the C&V road bike bug, I rode a much-to-big 18" mountain bike - even with the sloping top tube it was still up into my undercarriage. What used to be my daily rider now feels much too big.
How does your bike feel when you ride it? It is a very nice looking bike - looks fast!
I would recommend paying attention to the "are you looking for one of these" threads, as the C&V crowd seems to come up with some awesome bikes. YMMV, but I sent cash to a random-internet-stranger from Bike Forums, and actually got a bike shipped to me in return(!)
Have you looked into Terry bikes? They re-worked bike geometry to fit us smaller riders - very interesting youtube video about how/why the geometry changed: