View Single Post
Old 02-12-19, 03:14 PM
Dalai

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
I hadn't seen anything about your foot Sarals. All the best with your surgery!

Nice car IBOHUNT!

As for me, I haven't raced since my wife was diagnosed with cancer mid 2015. Since she passed away August 2016 I have had little motivation to ride other than commuting to work. I've gone out just for a ride less than a dozen times over the last 2 1/2 years! Had a flat tyre a couple of months ago and haven't bothered fixing it so not even commuting...

Instead been doing things that fill my day. Back into rock climbing (I was a professional climber back in the late 80's through to late 90's only retiring due to chronic elbow tendinitis). Also downhill skiing again including a trip to Japan last month. Playing some social tennis with my brother. Work has organised lunch sports so I am playing basketball, indoor soccer or badminton every lunch time too.

I am also spending a lot of time with my cars of which I have 3. My daily is just an 04 Turbo Forester, an 84 911 Carrera coupe and the most recent 92 MR2 Turbo hardtop I am currently setting up for hill climbs and club sprints! I have also been going to car events and races focusing on the historics.
​​​​​​
My BT Stealth is intentionally racked in the living room to try and motivate me. I have gone a few times to watch and help run my clubs track racing on a Saturday afternoon, but as yet haven't had to itch to swing a leg over the top tube and start racing again myself... One day hopefully I can contribute again in the race report thread!