View Single Post
Old 07-20-19, 09:07 AM
clubmanager

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Hate to say it but I've no clue what terrain is around here on the trails. My understanding is there's a mix of just about everything; location is Northwest Arkansas fwiw. Unless something pops up, I'm going to rent a full suspension bike on Monday and go riding with my son on some easy/intermediate trails and get a feel for what works....or doesn't. I'm still really partial to the Niner I found (even without the shock fork) and perhaps add the fork later. I've also found a Scott Spark full suspension I'll look at today; still don't know year/model on that one.

All in all, I'm sure I'll end up with at least a front suspension bike; really trying to hold out for full as I don't see any downside in having too much flex. I'm sure there is some downside but with my level of experience, I doubt I'd know the difference

You can tell me I'm wrong, but I've always tried to buy better than my skill level knowing (hoping) that I'll work my way into a better skill level. Again, maybe that rule shouldn't apply here but it's served me well over the years. 'Buy once, Cry once' as they say!!! But still, I can't just throw $2K at this either.