Old 08-02-19, 05:51 PM
Mad Honk 

Bikes: Paramount, Faggin, Ochsner, Ciocc, Basso

Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1303 Post(s)
Liked 1,911 Times in 1,141 Posts
Elks,
I wear a Festina 2012 Chronograph which was the TDF watch given to competitors. I have two of them and they work quite nicely. I also have models from 2015, and 2016, and they all work well. I like the alarm function they have, and the split time ability. The mechanism is electric and the body is stainless steel which sometimes reacts with sun-screens giving me a black ring on my wrist, but the SS is necessary for me to avoid skin CA. I have had to replace batteries in them about three years apart, which is normal. I have had three Bulova Marine Star chronographs but they are not waterproof and I have had difficulties with water intrusion, so I shy away from them.
I wear Bulova 23 jewel self winding watches for dress as well as a Universal Geneve self-winding 1954 model from the first polar routes flown over the north and south poles. If it sounds like I am a bit outdated, I am but I can get all the information I need from a chronograph and checking my pulse with my fingers. Smiles, MH

Oops, they are normally about $375 for a new model and around $150 for a slightly used one.