IBRyan
Retired -- Do not PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by CliffordK
The missing videos from the other post.

Of course, disabling: "Automatically embed media (requires automatic parsing of links in text to be on).", and they're also fine.

https://www.facebook.com/ProximusSpo...1060175811537/

https://www.facebook.com/ProximusSpo...1060175811537/
Originally Posted by hazetguy
The Bike Forums logo at the top of the page seems HUGE now.
The grey bar next to/inline with the drop down tabs along the top is a classy touch (insert sarcastic eyeroll here).
The font used in quick reply is not the same font that appears when the message is posted.
Originally Posted by CliffordK
I use quotes frequently, and sometimes nested quotes or multi-quotes, but do find that over-use of nested quotes is quite annoying to read, and in itself diminishes the response.

Personally I like the grey background for quotes, It makes them pop out as being "important" to the topic, and provides contrast between the quoted text and the current post.

That is, unless the person posting is too lazy, and puts their comments within the quoted text.
However, on a similar note, I initially found the grey background for indented text to be annoying.

Since that change was made, I started using it as a kind of mini-quote (and a quotable quote). But, in a sense, normal background would be preferable. One thing, however, as my eyeballs get older, I dislike low-contrast text. So, grey text on a grey background???

Another annoyance I noted a while ago. Lists no longer have the bullets indented. I think it used to be that way, but I noticed the lack of the indent a few months ago.

• one
  • two
  • three

Did we ever get tables back?

[table][TR][TD]abc[/TD][TD]def[/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD]ABC[/TD][TD]DEF[/TD][/TR]
[/table]

Any chance of ever getting superscripts and subscripts?

CO[SUB]2[/SUB]

X[SUP]2[/SUP]

LaTeX?
[tex]\sum\limits_{i=1**^n {3i**[/tex]

Grrr.... something killed off my LaTeX (which I think I wrote a while ago, then borrowed from another website).
Originally Posted by carleton
If IB can't figure out what's wrong with this image, then that explains what the hell is going on there.

95% of the "Above of the Fold" space is ABSO-EFFING-LUTELY USELESS. 100% if the person doesn't care about what's in the stickied threads.

Who would want to join a site that looks like this?

Bounce. Bounce. Bounce...to FB, IG, Redd*t.

@CliffordK I am glad the video links are working for you now! I would like to make sure the problems we are currently having are fixed and make sure that the problems mentioned in the past are ironed out before adding anything in.

@hazetguy our team discovered that problem with the logo and we are currently working on the fix for it!

@carleton let me see what I can do with finding you a resolution about the stickies there.