View Single Post
Old 03-13-18, 01:52 PM
Chombi1 

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1641 Post(s)
Liked 831 Times in 540 Posts
Originally Posted by FBinNY
When I was young we had a standard retort to insults: it takes one to know one.

Your reference to it being intentional has me wondering about your thought process. WHY would a postal worker do this intentionally? Does he have it in for you, the shipper, his boss, the postal service, or what?

I was in the business of shipping packages for almost 50 years, and at first glance, I'd say this was improperly packed, meaning that the box was not properly supported by the contents, or added packing material like styro, or cardboard.

If you think a moment you'd realize that the box itself has very limited strength against crushing. The box is there to keep the contents in and this one did that, but it also needs help and support from within to survive the stresses and strains imposed by mechanical package handling equipment, and getting bounced around in a truck with (possibly) heavier boxes on top.

BTW - I read the post twice and don't see where you mentioned whether the contents were OK or not. If you had a serious beef, that would be an important detail to mention.
Sorry if I hit a nerve there, but I have been receiving packages from this company for some years now and they use a very strong box that resisted damage very well and lots of foam and popcorn padding to absorb pressure and shock. NEVER (over 20 items sent to me) in like the over five years of receiving packages, packed the same way with the same box were they ever smashed up like this one.
What really irked me more was the way the drop off was done where the driver s0ed off before I could open the door to discuss the damages (I actually would have not accepted/opened the package).
I've received lots of packages through the years from all corners of the world and none of them ever approached thus amount if damage and abuse this one has. This package just came from NJ, for God's sakes!
If USPS would want to keep their business with their customers, they should use at least a minimum standard of care with our packages. What you see in the pictures is at minimum , gross negligence in the part of the system and the employers and I stand by my statement that It could well be criminal mischief from a few bad apples along the system. Why can't you even consider that that's a big probability, as it does happen in some businesses. Do you really think anyone would be even slightly glad to receive such a package?? I am reacting to what any normal, logical person would if treated badly by a business that I pay to delivery goods to me, expecting as I should that they arrive in a safe, intact condition.
They had posession of my property and was responsible for It's safe delivery while they had it.
Bottom line is, I do not pay the USPS to destroy my stuff!
And if their employees are willing to take a blind eye to abuse or negligence like this along the way within the system, then the do not deserve our budiness!
84 Peugeot PY10FC
84 Gitane Tour de France.
85 Vitus Plus Carbone 7
86 ALAN Record Carbonio
86 Medici Aerodynamic (Project)
88 Pinarello Montello
89 Bottecchia Professional Chorus SL
95 Trek 5500 OCLV (Project)

Last edited by Chombi1; 03-13-18 at 02:08 PM.