Old 12-07-13, 01:19 PM
dougmc

Bikes: Bacchetta Giro, Strada

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by dynodonn
I feel that this bystander's response shows how a number of the general public feels about cyclists, if you were driving a motor vehicle at the time, I highly doubt that the bystander would have even made the comment at all.
I wouldn't jump to that conclusion. If the bystander thought that the vehicle that was going straight and hit the car really did break the law (running a red light?) and that the turning car was in the right, then they'd probably make this statement whatever the vehicle was. Such frauds certainly aren't unheard of.

I wonder, was this bystander the one who also told the police that he was a witness and the cyclist ran the red light? If he wasn't lying (and was just simply wrong instead) ... his statement should not be unexpected.

The video does perfectly show who was really at fault, however ...

Originally Posted by smasha
Once used as evidence in a civil case - i won ONLY because of the video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_h0vaPTcEY (full details in the video description)
I like how you edited the video, with the picture in a picture and the annotations -- nicely done. You make a strong case for recording everything.

I've put a dashboard camera in my car, it records all the time. It's nice because there's no maintenance -- it just records when the key is on. No need to charge batteries, remove it when I park the car (theft is a minor concern), erase memory, etc. I wish it was so simple on a bike.

I record on my bike too, but not all the time just because it's a pain in the butt ...