Old 04-25-16, 06:54 AM
downtube

Bikes: Many Downtube Folders :)

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by blakcloud
Kickstarter is a gamble. Have a look at the Ultimate Cooler Fiasco.

The best line from the article if you don't want to read it is:
"It’s also a good reminder for Kickstarter enthusiasts: backing a project isn’t a pre-order, it’s an investment in an idea, with a possible reward somewhere along the line."
Not saying this will happen to Helix but you have to admit things are not off to a good start.
This is not a good comparison. The guy running the coolest is a horrible individual, not too many people are at his level.

Here's my honest opinion, I wish Peter would have zoomed into the hinges and explained more in his video's or documented more. However I feel he has good character/energy, so I consider it a fair investment with high probability of success. The exchange rate between the US dollar and Canadian dollar brought my cost down to around $1000, so the investment was lower than expected....however I believe that increased risk by a similar factor ( since component prices were most likely quoted in a currency exchanged with USD not Canadian ).

The fact that they inspected/tested each component means this is going to delayed way past any schedule. FYI I consider this wonderful news, since they are being meticulous. I do not expect my 10sp model before July/August.

Please understand a delay does not mean dishonest or improper. I knew when I bought it the schedule was unrealistic ( due to component ordering ), and there will be no bikes without the components.

Thanks,
Yan
Semi-active chess player ( two time Bahamas National Champion )
Sivananda ( Bahamas ) Trained Yoga instructor ( 2013 ) and ThetaHealer since 2013
Bicycle delivery worker for Jimmy John's. Delivering is the best workout I have ever had.