View Single Post
Old 08-21-19, 10:47 AM
billyymc

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked 125 Times in 58 Posts
I"m sort of the default ride "captain" since I did this ride last year...in fact it was my route, my idea. This isn't a race, it's just four guys going out to do a 200 mile ride for the challenge of doing it. We will have to move at a decent pace simply to finish in a reasonable time. Starting at 6:30 am - which is an hour later than I started when I did it solo. That actually concerns me a bit - would prefer to start earlier but a couple of the guys are driving almost an hour to the start point.

I don't really care if we ride faster or slower than I did last year. I wouldn't have done this ride again solo - it's a long ride alone...I'd do that distance again solo, just not the exact same route (good route, but why repeat right?).

We'll talk about the "rules" before the start. On a ride like this my guess is each of us will go through a period where we feel it, where we may need to take a shorter pull or just sit in for a bit. Going to encourage each rider to do that when and if they need to. My experience last year was that I needed to eat earlier, and eat "real" food early. In the last 60 miles I didn't want to eat and almost bonked - then stopped, forced myself to eat and drink some Nuun and recovered pretty readily.

Last edited by billyymc; 08-21-19 at 10:58 AM.