Bike Forums - View Single Post - Covid 19 - what is your personal concern threshold?
Old 04-01-20, 07:43 PM
making

Bikes: Road bike

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Doc_Wui View Post
When this poll first came out, I missed it. That was the week we saw Madame Butterfly at the Lyric Opera House, and ate in a (deserted) Chinese restaurant. Capped it by attending a Big 10 basketball game and another restaurant dinner with a buddy. We rode 24 miles that week and the bike trail was very lonely, In hindsight, the only smart thing we did that week that was smart was buying a ton on toilet paper only because Meijers had a 2 for 1 sale. A week later, Illinois went on lock down and I spent a nervous 10 days wondering if my slight temperature and sinus issues was an omen.

Now it's April 1, I just did the poll. I'm taking Claritin and I can breath again. Lost over a year's income in the market, but I have enough at age 70 to last forever, so why worry about that. My wife and I could hunker down for the next 12 months, but my kids could drag it home easily when they visit. Bike trail is jammed. We will not go there any more. Yes, it's a very high threshold of personal concern now.

I have faith in our scientists though. Summer humidity will kill the virus and more viable treatments will be here before the 2nd wave this winter. Vaccines by next St. Pat's day too. Let's all be smart.
I was just telling my wife how lucky we are. I am retired and she has a great job 100% from home. Course I lost at least a house from my retirement account...