Thread: 2020 Randonnees
View Single Post
Old 04-13-20, 02:05 PM
antimonysarah

Bikes: Nishiki Bel-Air, Brompton P6L, Seven Resolute SLX, Co-motion Divide, Xtracycle RFA

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by unterhausen View Post
I haven't convinced myself to spend the money on zwift, trainer road is expensive enough as it is, and a lot more useful. OTOH, I think that I probably could tolerate longer rides on zwift. I have a lot of trouble doing 20 minute intervals on TR. I don't know if I believe that anything longer that 2 hours is really useful. One of the projects on my short list is a rocker plate for my trainer to make it a little less debilitating to ride for a long time. Trainer road will let you go month by month. Not sure if zwift will let you do that, anyone know?
Yeah, my peleton app subscription is now money down the drain, because I won't do that and zwift, and I haven't bothered suspending/cancelling it, but as far as I can tell you can start and stop Zwift. It will automatically re-up, so you have to intentionally stop it, but your account sticks around. I think a lot of folks cancel it in the summer and restart in fall, usually. But my gym membership was suspended until the gym reopens, and that cost more, so I'm not going over budget.

A better setup including a rocker plate would probably make me more comfortable for longer rides, but I don't really want to *do* longer rides indoors. Also I'd have to completely replace my setup, which otherwise does just fine. )And the saddle is a compromise between me and my spouse, because we share the exercise bike.) I used to occasionally do 3-ish hour ones while listening to a football game, but I'd get off for stretch breaks, and now I've gotten tired enough of the NFL to stop wanting to listen to games.
Likes For antimonysarah: