View Single Post
Old 12-31-20, 06:26 AM
Daddydgc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
New Rear Mech wont Shift into 1st Gear

Hi All, this is is my first post on the forum and apologies if has already been covered elsewhere.

I replaced rear wheel, bottom bracket (sram gxp) and rear mech (shimano zee) but cannot access 1st gear (largest cog) even though the limit screws are not restricting the range of movement. I took bike into local bike shop and they could not fix and changed rear cassette, chain a gear cable. LBS said to bring bike back in new year and they will have another look but I want to get out on the bike over Xmas holidays and really annoyed that ive paid out already without getting the issue fixed.

I am running a 1x 10 speed cassette (11-32) with a 32t chain ring with shimano deore 10 speed shifters.

The rear wheel (shimano) is a little wider than the alex rims i had previously and i yhought this may be causing the issue but when i put the old wheel back in i am still getting shifting problems.

Could it be that I am somehow not fitting the new rear mech properly but surely LBS would have spotted this and resolved?

Can anyone offer any advice on what the problem could be please?

Cheers