View Single Post
Old 02-12-19, 03:14 PM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7653 Post(s)
Liked 3,485 Times in 1,840 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeyBike
A wise salmon picks and chooses the "safest" places to salmon!
But you Don't pick who else will be riding there at that time. You might Think you are a "wise" salmon, but if i am going the correct way and you are coming at me head on, no matter how "wise" you might think you are, one of us has to head into traffic to pass. Which is what i said. Unless you can fly at will or dematerialize, if you salmon, you are running the risk of coming head-on into another cyclist--one who is who is Not breaking the law.

We both understand this.

In your case, you would graciously give way--wonderful. But when you come here encouraging salmoning, or when you salmon and encourage it by example, you are potentially training people who not to ride---people who don't know how to ride in the first place,

I have encountered more than a few wrong-way cyclists, and so far None of them have pulled off the road and stopped to let me pass safely. You need to work harder on the "Right way to Wrong-Way" cycle program, or stop teaching others it is right to cycle the wrong way. ( ) (Don't take all this too seriously .... but think about it. You never know who will be coming the other way. I am sure most fo the wrong-way riders I have encountered didn't have a clue or had never met another cyclist head-on .... which means they thought it was perfectly safe, too ....)