View Single Post
Old 02-13-19, 03:39 PM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by Maelochs
If you cannot control your bike you should stick to riding around the playground. Not to be rude, but to save lives.

I was able to rise a bike safely to school, to the local library, to local shops, in the first couple years of elementary school…Riding in a straight line is not hard ... and if you cannot ride in a straight line you have no business being on Any road except for riding up and down the street right in front of your house.

Teaching Wrong and Illegal behavior is Not a good idea...I have attended a few Children's Bike Training courses given by a a public-private consortium as part of a local bike race.

These people---literally the pros of juvenile bike training---set up cones in a sort of autocross course to test turning and stopping ability, so they instructors could focus on where the kids needed help. At No time did they ever suggest riding illegally on the wrong side of the road as a safety measure---and these were, as i said, the children's bike safety professionals.

Teach the kids to ride a bike before putting them in traffic. if they cannot ride a bike, DON'"T PUT THEM IN TRAFFIC. I really would have thought that went without saying.

Train the Child Properly.
Originally Posted by Maelochs
That Maelochs guy comes across as a real prig. Not a fan.
Just last week I posted
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
…I once started a now-closed thread:“Bike Forums Hall of Fame.”
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
Whom do you consider to be among the Elder States(people), Gurus. Sages, Authorities…on Bike Forums (and their specialties), worthy of a Hall of Fame?
Originally Posted by CbadRider
These threads have a way of turning south pretty quickly. From past experience, for every positive comment about a member there is usually someone who wants to post a negative comment, and we just don't want to go there.

Thread closed.
I thought it would be nice to know, by popular acclaim, just who are the most savvy, knowledgeable, and reliable subscribers to Bike Forums.

After about 10 years here I have my preferences (and my own choices for the ones I consider “pills,” who are nonetheless fun to read).
So is @Maelochs a Hall-of-Famer, a pill, or a prig?

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 02-13-19 at 03:53 PM.