burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Originally Posted by Ttoc6
Coming from an ex-triathlete.. this is the best part. Until one gets a touch better at swimming and never see the Fred's until the beer garden.

Great work dude. I never did any DU's even though they would've favored me well as a relatively good runner and (at that time) an above mediocre cyclist. They look fun. Maybe some day..
Thanks!

I've been chatting on our local Google group with a really smart guy about my tire choices. I'm on whatever came on the front and something that isn't super fast in the back. He seems to do 1/2 or Full IM stuff and looks to be a really strong local cyclist also.

So, I'm tossing out about 15w or so to the trash right there. I looked up the tire I have on back, it's almost double the CRR of a good modern tubular.

If I was a couple months younger, I'd have gotten 2nd in my AG. But the birthdate got me.

All the actual dual sport or tri folks were running like 18 to 19 min 5k's. So, I was losing out 3 to 4 min per run leg. It's hard to make up THAT much time in just 18 miles. A 22min and 23min 5k in that race for me was absolutely smoking it.

If I can get the 5k's down to about 20min each I think I could start troubling a few people for a podium.

It was pretty low pressure, to me, since there's no concept of "getting dropped" and your day is over. You plan well, and you execute the plan. Like a TT, but mixed, and longer.

I'm going to sign up for the 40k TT that's in June. I'm starting prep now for that. I've got several things to tidy up. Tires, dial the position a touch,