burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Originally Posted by BoraxKid
Not very much. It takes not very much power to increase your speed by 1 mph at any of those given speeds. Of course, the relationship you are implying is not so simple. As I already explained elsewhere, there are many factors that affect speed, and power is only one of them. How much power output it takes to travel at a given speed will depend on wind speed, wind direction, rider position, weight of the rider, and so on. The choice of tires actually matters very little compared to those things, which was entirely my point several posts ago.
Politely, stop talking about things you don’t have a clue about.

Gators versus Vittoria Corsa TL is easily over 20w a pair. Maybe closer to 30w. 30w is 10% of a strong rec rider’s hour power.

It takes a boat load more power to go 33 than 30 than 25. I can do 25 on the TT bike on only about 225. 33mph takes me about 420. Aero power is nonlinear.

You have zero clue. Give up. Some of us race time trial and do the weird experiments you see places like the GCN show screwing up for the sake of entertainment. I own all I need short of the wind tunnel.

Try again home slice.