View Single Post
Old 03-16-19, 01:40 PM
Lucillle
Lucille

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked 65 Times in 35 Posts
Maybe I overpaid because I don't know how old it is, I don't know but I was on a bit of a bike budget, I sold a nice bike a few weeks back intending to use the $ toward a recumbent, but as I wrote elsewhere here, someone stole and cashed the money order and my budget was blown. I saw this garage sale bike advertised, the guy had bought the bike some years back because he had back problems but he said he no longer has them. No disc brakes. Needs to be cleaned up, and the tires aired up, but otherwise it is fine. His wife was running the garage sale and she wanted $150 but the problem is that the sale was the next day, she wouldn't hold it and I don't drive. Plus apparently there were a zillion people asking her about the bike. They live about 7 minutes away so I offered $150 plus $100 to deliver which they accepted. So I have it, and I think it will be fine to start off with, it is very pretty. Even if I paid too much it is a nice bike to start on. Thank you for telling me about the heel strike issue.

Last edited by Lucillle; 03-16-19 at 01:44 PM.