Old 06-03-19, 08:47 AM
Wolfhaven

Bikes: Salsa Fargo, Surly Disc Trucker, Surly ECR, Cannondale Cujo, Rocky Mountain Blizzard

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Pleasantly surprised to see a balmy 46 this morning. Was expecting upper 30's. Light overcast and calm to start with unforecasted rain the last couple miles. Cruising down the gravel I spotted a doe and fawn stepping off the road into a hay field. They stopped and stared so while a ways off I whistled and she took off back down the road. I slowed to a crawl and watched her run, then stop in the road. Talked to her and she took off down the road before jumping the ditch into a hay next to a wood line. The little fawn was booking it trying to keep up. Once off the road I took off again, by the time I reached their exit point she was a long way off. Looked like a young doe so guessing this is her first fawn so hoping she figures things out. The swan was back on the nest again. Not sure what's up there. Should be mid 50's with a cold breeze off Lake Superior for the ride home. Will detour through the municipal forest along the river and hope the geese are clear and not have one come after me again.