Old 07-26-10, 09:41 AM
specialfx

Bikes: 2010 Trek 7.5 FX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jomonds
I own a 2010 Trek 7.7FX that comes with 105 group of components. Yes, the 7.7FX is not as expensive (costs about 2/3 than that of the Diem), its just a bit heavier (I think a little more than kilo than the Diem), and not as fragile (i.e. I'm afraid of hanging the Orbea on a bike rack for fear that it may crack). And to be very honest, a fitness/recreational rider like me can't tell any big difference in the ride quality and speed between the two bikes!

But there is something (subjective) about the Orbea that makes it more enjoyable to ride. I also somehow get more enjoyment in cleaning and taking care of it. It does not shout for attention but yet attracts a lot of positive comments with the other bikers, and I could not agree more. IMHO, getting a bike with an aluminum frame will not get you something almost exactly or as close to the Orbea.
Jomonds, the Orbea is a beautiful piece of machinery - both form and function. I would certainly go that route if I could get away with it (mrs specialfx would poke out my eye), and that one photo you posted is definitely more aesthetically pleasing to the eye than multiple photos in the same thread of the same bike from different angles and settings.

Last edited by specialfx; 07-26-10 at 09:45 AM.