View Single Post
Old 08-02-17, 06:13 AM
John_V 

Bikes: 2017 Colnago C-RS, 2012 Colnago Ace, 2010 Giant Cypress hybrid

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 408 Post(s)
Liked 122 Times in 85 Posts
There are a couple of really good videos on YouTube that covers the Mini and gives pros and cons of the device. For the price, it's not a bad computer if you are the type of rider that doesn't need GPS on every ride but would like to have it on certain rides. It's cheaper than Garmin's least expensive unit, the Edge 25, and has a bigger and brighter screen. The advantage the Edge 25 has is that it does have built in GPS, even though you still need your phone in order to view the map while riding. Depending on how you look at it, that isn't really much of an advantage, you're just using a different GPS system to track your ride.

The one major drawback that I saw with it is that it will only work with Wahoo dual band sensors. And from the few videos I've seen of it, it won't work with their BlueSC, even though it's a dual band sensor. You need both the RPM Cadence and RPM Speed sensor (supplied with the unit) for it to work. From what I have seen, the Mini uses the Ant+ band to connect to the Mini and the BTLE band to connect to the phone. A plus is that it is just as easy to set up pages and data fields as the Bolt and Elemnt, but you can only have three data fields per page.

The Mini is not rechargeable and uses the same battery as the RFLKT, which Wahoo claims will last approximately 300 hours or about one year. It was the same claim they made with the RFLKT but if you ride more than the average cyclist, as I do, you'll be changing batteries much sooner. I get 2-3 months on a battery with my RFLKT.

2017 Colnago C-RS
2012 Colnago Ace
2010 Giant Cypress