View Single Post
Old 09-30-19, 12:48 AM
Jax Rhapsody
Rhapsodic Laviathan

Bikes: Rideable; 83 Schwinn High Sierra. Two cruiser, bmx bike, one other mtb, three road frames, one citybike.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked 123 Times in 91 Posts
Some of you sound like whiny little [expletives deleted]. Get over yourselves, anybody brave enough to ride no-handed, probably has decent cycling skills. Stability comes with speed. It's a good way to relax ones back after being hunched over for who knows how long and not need to stop.

I ride no-handed when I feel like it. I didn't go mowing down a paceline of orphans carrying kittens in front racks. Sometimes I make running motions with my arms to tease joggers. I've hit potholes and bumps and didn't crash in to anything. But I've also been known to stand up on my bike while coasting, if I'm in a good mood I might even be dancing on it, even in traffic. The only "real danger" is everybody else.

My only scare riding no-handed happened the other day. I was riding the section of road I salmon on the way to work. Because I'm not crossing five lanes to go to the store, cross them again, and then cross them again a block later, before or after I cross the roughly seven lane cross street. Anyway; I was on that section no-handed and a semi drove by and the gust blew my front wheel. Thought I was gonna eat it.
I've only had two bikes I couldn't ride no-handed; my old 60s Sears&Roebuck I made a fixie, the fork was weird on that thing. Imagine the castors on a baskart but backwards. My sketchy chopper(A Schwinn Link I put a Stingray fork on and a 20" bmx wheel). My ratrod(Huffy Nel Lusso) with a tripple tree fork sometimes got the death wobbles. Side story; my old 150 scooter would get death wobbles if you were going under 40+ mph, would scare my at the time fiance, I found it funny.

There. It's fixed for the snowflakes.
Likes For Jax Rhapsody: