View Single Post
Old 12-31-19, 04:16 AM
fishtaco

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by bbbean
Supply and demand. You don't need to dig any deeper than that.. Manufacturers are in it to make a profit, and they'll charge what the market will pay.

I agree totally with this! The ebike demand is so great in my opinion because of all those who have never had or may never ride a motorcycle or motor scooter plus all those too young to ride a motorcycle on the road.

I have always had motorcycles but I bought an ebike a few months ago and its opened up a whole new world riding around on my cities bicycle /pedestrian paths with views I have never seen before. Its worse for me because in Australia we have got the same as EU rules with 250w restriction but saying that my ebike has plenty of get up and go and who really wants to go over 30kph on footpaths and trails? so many people spending too much money on expensive modifications and home builds just to squeeze an extra couple of MPH out of their ebike when they could have just gone out and bought a cheap Chinese or Korean motorbike/motor scooter at a cheaper price!

I would suggest buying a purpose made ebike with strong torque and long range, I live in Perth Australia one of the windiest Cities in the world and my rear hub 250w ebike makes mincemeat out of it in PAS and throttle.

Rad Rover for me if I was in the States just because of their customer service and endless purpose designed accessories but in the end 99.9% of ebikes and ebike parts come from China anyway so you are just paying a re sellers knock up price for customer service.