Old 02-24-20, 04:34 PM
thumpism 
Bikes are okay, I guess.

Bikes: Waterford Paramount Touring, Giant CFM-2, Raleigh Sports 3-speeds in M23 & L23, Schwinn Cimarron oddball build, Marin Palisades Trail dropbar conversion, Nishiki Cresta GT

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2647 Post(s)
Liked 2,446 Times in 1,557 Posts
I saw this one within an hour of its appearance on CL this morning and did not call. Actually, I'm surprised it didn't show up last Monday since I came home last Sunday with my new-to-me Nishiki Cresta GT and knew, absolutely knew in my bones, that '80s touring bikes in my size would start coming out of the woodwork immediately after my purchase. QED. Anyway, if I were single I'd own this bike by now but I also knew better than to suggest that we need another 30 year old touring bike in the house. Some people--who shall remain nameless--just don't understand the necessity of such things.

Another reason to want it: I may be the person who assembled and/or sold this bike when new. My initials might be on the shop sticker and/or the sales receipt, which I'd bet the guy still has.
Originally Posted by machinist42

FUJI TOURING SERIES III - $125 (Richmond, Va.)

Posted 2020-02-24 06:35

"I bought this Fuji Touring Series III bike from Two Wheel Travel some years ago and I don't think I rode it more than three times before parking it in my warehouse where it has accumulated in nice patina of dust! It is an 18 speed with Fuji Valite tubing quad butted frame, Fuji saddle, 27 X 1-1/8 tires and the measurement from the center of the crank to the top of the seat tube is 61 cm. Call 804-539-3847

bicycle frame material: alloy

bicycle type: road
brake type: caliper
condition: excellent
frame size: 61 cm
make / manufacturer: Fuji
model name / number: Touring Series III
wheel size: 27 in"

https://richmond.craigslist.org/bik/...081290975.html

Last edited by thumpism; 02-24-20 at 04:42 PM.
Likes For thumpism: