View Single Post
Old 02-14-21, 05:21 PM
rekmeyata

Bikes: 2020 Masi Giramondo 700c; 2013 Lynskey Peloton; 1992 Giant Rincon; 1989 Dawes needs parts; 1985 Trek 660; 1985 Fuji Club; 1984 Schwinn Voyager; 1984 Miyata 612; 1977 Raleigh Competition GS

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1125 Post(s)
Liked 249 Times in 200 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
I don't much go for the gimmicks and while this one actually can do it's job of being tough to cut with angle grinders, it is so big and goofy it is hard to use except at the house and then what am I locking to that wouldn't be easier to hack off. Granted LPL did make it clear it is tough to get into which is a good thing for a lock.
That lock has been around for at least a year, and it's not a gimmick, just extremely impractical to carry around on your bike, actually impractical even at home, where is there a place at home you could lock that thing too? I don't have anything in my house I could shackle that too. I'm kind of surprised the company is still in business because I can't figure out who would buy such a monster of a lock. Like I said, it would be easier to cut whatever the lock is attached to then take the lock and the bike home and cut away at the lock unnoticed.

Speaking of locked bikes being carried away with locks intact, a university I once attended had bike racks for us students to park our bikes and lock them up. Great, right? Well, not so great, a group of 4 guys drove onto the school property in a flatbed pickup truck, they went to one of the racks that were loaded with bikes, I can't remember if they cut the bolts or unbolted the bike rack from the concrete, then they lifted the rack with all the bikes attached and put it on the back of the flatbed and took off. People were wondering about never thought anything of it?! They got away with 18 bikes in one fell swoop. Thank God my bike wasn't on that rack!