View Single Post
Old 01-26-21, 04:19 PM
tigat

Bikes: 2021 Trek Checkpoint SL (GRX Di2), 2020 Domane SLR 9 (very green), 2016 Trek Emonda SL, 2009 Bianchi 928, 1972 Atala Record Pro

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked 143 Times in 55 Posts
Originally Posted by topflightpro
I think this is totally cool.

Can you explain better how the shifting works. Do you have to move your hand from the hood/shiftlever to the top buttons to change gears in the other direction or is it that the hood/shifter controls the rear derailleur and the top buttons control the front?

Also, do the brake levers on the Shifters work?

1. Shifting: the brake lever on the di2 has both an up and a down button or paddle as standard issue. In synchronized mode in the big ring, downshifting runs the rear derailleur up the cassette to the next biggest cog (you can go further with a hold rather than a tap) to a pre-programmed point (which you can set in the E-tube software), where the front drops to the small ring and the rear adjusts to a smaller cog so the jump is not too drastic. In the small ring up front, upshifting to progressively smaller cogs will eventually hit a preprogramed point where the front moves to the big ring and the rear adjusts. The climbing button on the top bar has up - down buttons that work the same as the up - down on the brake lever. I have another bike with a second climbing button that only runs the front, but I didn't want to clutter this one. I don't need to move my hand at all to get the full shifting function at either location. bar top or hood, or in the drop.

All of this comes with the di2 if you have the BT-DN110 battery and E-tube programing capability.

2. The brake lever on the right works. On the left it does not.

Last edited by tigat; 01-26-21 at 05:02 PM. Reason: typo
Likes For tigat: