Old 02-26-21, 11:09 AM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1136 Post(s)
Liked 1,182 Times in 687 Posts
Originally Posted by gthomson
I've always wondered that as well, especially when I'm riding my trainer inside because I don't want to ride in the rain and dark! ha ha I figure the engineers of Zwift are from Britain so they're used to it

The solitude in your example would kill it for me I think. Zwift can get like that in the summer months and it's a buzz kill for me. The graphics do look nicer but i wonder if there's some kind of trick or setting in Zwift because when I watch the live racing or see screen shots of the events they host, the graphics look much nicer than what i see riding. Not complaining about it, as I just run it off my lap top and view it on a 21" monitor, which works for me but do wonder if I'm missing something.
i have a 40 some inch screen (https://www.bikeforums.net/21797952-post18.html) and i can see a big difference in color quality. Zwift has muted colors and RGT's are more vibrant. just something i picked up on immediately.

the lack of riders was definitely a bit of a let down, but in zwift sometimes there are too many riders. i really notice this when i am passing one rider after the other, the screen always shows what is directly in front of you so as your rider turns the whole view turns as well. makes sense, but when there are so many riders to pass the screen is constantly changing view points and it actually can make me dizzy. i used the zwift hack to ride in a world not on the schedule a couple of times and there were only about 150 riders so not many to pass, it was kind of nice really. RGT is like that by default but by a factor of 10. i almost see no one when i ride in real life anyway.