Old 03-04-21, 03:20 PM
79pmooney

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4802 Post(s)
Liked 3,922 Times in 2,551 Posts
This is a lot like the running shoes without built up heels that encourage you to run on the balls of your feet. Just like the X-country flats I ran in high school. I loved them! I could run miles with my heels barely touching. Never had shin splints. But early season was hard! That took training. Later years I tried running with the by then, universal padded and well heeled shoes. (They were a lot more expensive, making for well heeled CEOs also.) Shin splints were my nemesis and I never ran for very long. It was obvious both that the shoes made no heel-strike running near impossible and cycling had further allowed the muscles in the front of my foot to deteriorate a lot. Going from the moccasin shoe-like LL Bean boots to hiking boots didn't help.

I don't see these pedals for serious cycling. But I do see how riding them could be very beneficial to the foot. Might even be a gentle way to strengthen up to run in the new heel-less shoes. (For serious cycling, there are the exact opposite of sliding your cleat back to minimize foot issues.)
Likes For 79pmooney: