View Single Post
Old 07-08-20, 11:33 AM
OldTryGuy

Bikes: Day6 Semi Recumbent "FIREBALL", 1981 Custom Touring Paramount, 1983 Road Paramount, 2013 Giant Propel Advanced SL3, 2018 Specialized Red Roubaix Expert mech., 2002 Magna 7sp hybrid, 1976 Bassett Racing 45sp Cruiser

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1069 Post(s)
Liked 788 Times in 505 Posts
Originally Posted by Wrecks24
Thanks Again guys...I guess its just a hard pill to swallow that me being a career Army Soldier getting beat down by college age girls...lol and they do beat me down. But I will keep my head in the game. I know I have improved since first starting so Iam sure it will get better.
FIRST OFF -- THANKS FOR THE YEARS Our son just retired from Army after 24 years.

SECOND -- DITCH the Army ego. You are human and require different conditioning to hang in with others. The trainer suggestion is great since you can hop on it and still be with family.

THIRD -- Some sort of schedule to improve, whether home grown but better still one taken from a book, is ideal since it will provide direction for the incremental improvements that leads to strength and endurance. Perfecting TECHNIQUE or RIDING FORM is not to be underestimated. Energy wasted due to bad form slows one down.

FOURTH -- ENJOY THE RIDES AND HAVE FUN
Likes For OldTryGuy: