View Single Post
Old 06-16-16, 07:17 PM
sdwphoto

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RichSPK
I can ride the 9 miles to work, but working 6 days a week, it's tough to keep up with bike maintenance. I usually ride to work twice a week. The rest of the time, I use a monthly bus pass to take the bus to work (buses around here also have bike racks, BTW), then get a ride home from a co-worker (the bus stops running before I get off work). I use rear racks and panniers on my bikes which are usually adequate for groceries. I usually walk to the supermarket, though, because I'm afraid my bike will get stolen. I have a Burley trailer for loads up to 100lbs. 4 30lb buckets of cat litter and a 25lb bag of cat food lead me to ask a friend for a ride to Petco and BJs roughly once a month. I could break that up into a couple trips and use the trailer, but time is in short supply.
I don't know if one of your bikes is a folding bike but one thing you can try if you are afraid of having a bike stolen(and I share that attitude) is buy a cheap folder just for grocery runs.I have a Brompton and have never been refused entry to shop with the bike,but the cost may not be what you would want to spend.However you can find low priced one that might suit you and you don't have to worry about them kicking you out of the store if you fold it up and stick it inside the supermarket's shopping cart. (or underneath it).
Other than a folder you can try and find a piece of junk that doesn't cost more than a couple of bucks at a
yard sale and use that,if it gets stolen you haven't lost much.