Old 06-15-20, 07:00 PM
Vinz1590

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jonmanjiro
Not that I know of. As an owner of a Verge X11, I have been paying very close attention to this, and I have not seen any failures reported for a bike in the latest Verge 451 line up.

AFAIK all the newly reported frame failures after the recalls (which were before the 451 line up was released) have been on bikes with electric motors.

Edit: If you're based in Tokyo, you should get yourself to several shops and view these bikes in person. If the shop doesn't have any test bikes, they will still let you sit on the bikes to see how they feel. I found that both the Tyrell and Birdy folds, while reasonably compact, are quite messy (wheels aren't aligned and point off at an angle). Doesn't look like you can roll the bikes in the folded state. The Tern fold is bulkier, but its also designed so that the bike rolls easily in the folded state (with the handelbars up). So horses for courses. You have to figure out what works for you. Also, since you're in Japan, here's another suggestion for you. The Iruka bike, only available in Japan.
jonmanjiro
I hope that Tern learned from their previous bike recall experience and enhance their QC. It is very frustrating to always worry about the integrity of your bike specially when going high speed on the road. As for the Iruka, it is a wonderful bike that I think can challenge the brompton in term of compact fold. This is a runner up for me but I did not include it to the list because it is fairly new in the market and the luggage option is very limited. I don't know also the upgradability options for this bike.

It seems that you are also located here in Japan? Where did you buy your X11 and what is the cost? I am searching online for a P10 but it is always out of stock. Thanks!