Old 06-30-20, 01:30 PM
Miele Man

Bikes: iele Latina, Miele Suprema, Miele Uno LS, Miele Miele Beta, MMTB, Bianchi Model Unknown, Fiori Venezia, Fiori Napoli, VeloSport Adamas AX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1324 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 640 Posts
Sometimes you get a thorn or a thin piece of wire that ONLY goes through the tire when weight is on the wheels. In such a case it can be quite hard to find the item that's causing the flats. I take the tire completely off the rim and then flex the tire and run a cotton ball along the inside of the tire and hope it snags on whatever has punctured the tire. Sometimes I've had to do the same thing on the outside of the tire because the thin wire is protruding a bit on the outside but doesn't work its way through to the tube until after some distance riding. I now carry a small bottle of Stan's Tire Sealant in case I get a tiny hole that I can't find whilst checking on the side of the road. All my tubes now have removeable valve cores so I can get the sealant into the tube easily. I haven't needed to use it since but I bet the day I leave the sealant at home will be the day I wish I had it with me.

Cheers
Likes For Miele Man: