Old 07-20-20, 05:23 AM
Vinz1590

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jonmanjiro
Congrats! The P10 is a nice ride. Had the bike a day and already thinking about upgrading?

Hehe, I know the temptation to upgrade is reaaaaaaaally strong and I'm totally guilty myself, because lets face it... its fun! But seriously, those vanilla components, while not as sexy as some options, do work just fine, and the standard rear 11-40T cassette gives the bike a really wide 364% gear range (for a single chainring) already.

If you really do want to add an FD, you will also need to match the capacity of the RD with the FD and new front chainrings, and also change the cassette to make the most of the new gearing i.e. you will most likely need to swap out your entire drive system.

For that reason, I strongly suggest you ride the bike as is for a while and see how you go. More likely than not, you will find the gear range perfectly adequate.
Thanks for your advice! And yes, my itch to upgrade is very strong haha. I am just thinking on how I can upgrade into a 3x10 system while utilizing all of its standard components, but I guess it is not that simple.