Old 12-12-13, 03:43 PM
amybikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by carleton
You just have to mold your body into that position and be comfortable there. This probably means adding a stretching routine.
*shudder* I have really good friends, that are really good bike riders, that do that in crits, and even though I know they'll be ok, it still scares the crap out of me! I guess it's a good way to get people to give you space.

In totally bad internet etiquette, I'll be the lecture-y new person to the forums. It's not just about aero dynamics, it's a serious safety thing! This video demonstrates the consequences of crashing when on the tops:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtxigEaRT6U

To be totally depressingly honest, and ruin the humor in the thread, this issue makes me twitch, as I lost a friend earlier this year from a crash where she went over the bars. Not to imply she was riding on the tops, she wasn't, but going over the bars is a consequence from a crash where you're riding on the tops, and going over the bars is dangerous!! Lots of people go over the bars and are ok, but collar bones are common, etc. Track racing is dangerous enough without people doing silly things to make it more dangerous

IMHO if it's uncomfortable to ride in your drops, fit could be adjusted until flexibility is gained?

I'm not expert in anything track, and I'm very sorry for the digression to seriousness, just felt like I had to say it! Continue with your regularly scheduled humor!! I'll follow internet protocol from now on