View Single Post
Old 08-30-16, 05:10 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18424 Post(s)
Liked 15,581 Times in 7,337 Posts
Originally Posted by side_FX
I never realized I'd be caught between disorganized wandering fools AND well organized pelotons screaming by at top speed. It was fun and terrifying at the same time.
That's another very big problem. You have too many people who are hell bent on riding the way they want to regardless of the immediate conditions around them. They refuse to slow down for a second for anything. The result is that you see people doing things like riding across the double yellow line, even on blind curves. My last year some guy was so opposed to slowing down while taking a left turn that he tried to pass me on the right when riders to my left were blocking his path. I was so far right already that he ended up brushing against the foliage and riding in gravel to the right of me. He came within about an inch of hitting my bars and nearly wiped out in the gravel, which would have taken me out with him. I can no longer tolerate being terrified by others. I ride from New Hope, PA to Brooklyn every year and feel safer.