View Single Post
Old 10-18-19, 01:11 PM
Maslin

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by TenGrainBread
Man, it would have sucked to work at Trek on the production floor with all these employees walking down and demanding one-off frames to be made for them.
The 2004 + catalog has a small note for "Customize It!" in the font as is used on my frame above. For some reason, the info page on every scan about the "Custom" program seems to be missing. When I reached out to Trek regarding my frame, the serial number was not cataloged at any point.

This was his response, specifically referring to the Spine frames:

"Alright, so after some digging, I have a little more info for you here. In 2005 (I only have a spec manual and not a catalog for ‘04,) our LeMond catalog has a customization program advertised. Essentially, you chose your frame between either the titanium or steel option, then you build from there, much like our Project One program we have now. All of the photos of the frames available in the catalog don’t have a name designation on the top tube like the rest of the bikes in the lineup due to the fact that the bike models were differentiated via componentry. Eg: The Maillot Jaune came stock with Shimano Dura-Ace 10 speed, where the same frame was used for the Versailles, but came stock with an Ultegra/105 9 speed mix. Unfortunately, I can’t seem to find a digital catalog with the custom page in it, but linked below is the catalog that is missing the full page (pages 14-15) outlining the custom program. All of the bikes from pages 6-13 have the customization option. Full bike specs are toward the back of the catalog."

Likes For Maslin: