Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3903 Post(s)
Liked 1,956 Times in 1,396 Posts
Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50
My pain is more on the anterior portion rather than the IT band, though sometimes it does go laterally. It's predominantly the patellotibial ligament. I'll check it out though. Doesn't hurt to work on stretching.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20376113
As was pointed out by another poster in that thread, those stretches I posted have nothing to do with the IT band, chiefly because one can't stretch an IT band. As this link says, gotta stretch and strengthen. The stretches I pointed out are particularly for the knee tendons. That's why I do them. The best tendon strengthening exercises, as mentioned in the link, are eccentric. They don't say, but studies have shown that slow eccentric work with heavy weights works to repair knee tendons and not much else does. IME fitness beats the heck out of bike fit every day. There's a woman who rode PBP inside the 90 hours on a coaster brake bike with a wire basket with flowers and an upright position. She's a very unusual athlete, but still, there it is, that's the point. You could try slow one-legged drops off a chair, trading legs. That and the stretches should fix it, maybe 2 weeks.