Old 07-01-13, 12:22 PM
tigat

Bikes: 2021 Trek Checkpoint SL (GRX Di2), 2020 Domane SLR 9 (very green), 2016 Trek Emonda SL, 2009 Bianchi 928, 1972 Atala Record Pro

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked 143 Times in 55 Posts
How long does it take to adjust to a new fit?

Bought my current bike, a Bianchi 928 b4p, 2 1/2 years ago, my first new road bike since 1978. Road away with an eyeball fit from a very competent LBS. 7000 miles later, with no particular complaints, just some nags, annoyances, and a more agressive riding style, I have an opportunity to get a new bike with a professional fit. Since I had been riding very little before the Bianchi, my guess is that my muscles have developed/adapted around the current fit, whether it is perfect or not. Ultimately, I am confident that the better the fit, the better the ride will be, but short term, I have a 120 mile event coming up with a ton of vertical. Pretty sure I can survive it on the current bike. Not sure I'll have much more than a few hours of saddle time on the new bike beforehand. Hence my question, how long should I expect it to take for the new fit to kick in and be comfortable for the long haul?