View Single Post
Old 05-07-20, 04:38 PM
SethAZ 

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey R260, 2005 Diamondback 29er, 2003 Trek 2300

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 564 Post(s)
Liked 334 Times in 182 Posts
I ride a set of wheels I built that I call the AeroClyde wheelset, as documented in this thread from three years ago. My apologies if the walls of text in that thread are overresponsive to your question.

As an addendum to that, I just ordered a WR50 rim (32mm outside diamter, 50mm deep) from Light-Bicycle in 28h drilling, and will use the same White Industries CLD red hub in 28h to build a next-gen AeroClyde front wheel. I don't need it, but I really want to build another wheel, and with that WR50 rim representing a better potential match for the tires I'm running on the existing wheels, I thought I'd try the new rim, give in to temptation to drop from 36h to 28h for the front wheel, and see how it goes. I just ordered the rim, so for it to be built and arrive, and for me to build the new wheel, will likely be several weeks. I paid the $85 Light-Bicycle charges to get a custom logo, so when the rim arrives it will have an AeroClyde logo twice per side molded into it (as in, it goes on before they cure the wheel in the mold, so it's on there permanently and molded into the surface).

Anyhow, there are massively cheaper options, but that's what I'm riding.
Likes For SethAZ: