Old 01-12-19, 09:54 AM
Cyclist0108
Occam's Rotor

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2366 Post(s)
Liked 2,331 Times in 1,164 Posts
This thread put me off running them tubeless (along with reports that the sidewalls weep sealant), but between me and my wife, we have run 3 sets of them with tubes with zero issues/flats. I'm not sure I would want to tour with them, but for my normal riding, they have been a real improvement with an unreal ride quality, both on and off road. I have two wheelsets for my primary ride, one with 38mm slicks (Barlow Pass extra light), and the other with 38mm treads (Steilacoom TC). Both are mounted to HED Belgium Plus Disc Brake Clincher rims. The slick ones can handle all but the roughest off-road conditions, and the treaded ones only have a slight penalty on the road. The Steilacooms replaced WTB Nanos, and are vastly superior.

I also bought some Vittoria Corsa G+ graphene tires. One blew off the rim (fortunately while in the garage), with the tube. Unlike Compass, they were the most difficult tire to mount I have ever experienced, so it is likely I got a bit of tube pinched in there somehow. I found myself wishing I had bought Compass tires for that bike instead.

Last edited by Cyclist0108; 01-12-19 at 10:01 AM.