View Single Post
Old 01-20-19, 01:09 PM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
Originally Posted by YankeeRider

I had a full tear in the supraspinatus tendon in my right shoulder last winter after a fall on wet ice, and a subsequent surgical repair, which is basically a neatly trimmed end to the tendon inserted into a groove they grind into the top of the humeral ball, and fastened with braided sutures and titanium anchors that help hold it until it attaches biologically and more strongly. I did 6 months of supervised PT after that, although after the first 3 mos it was less frequent. At first it was just gradual flexibility work, and then some very light but gradually ascending strengthening. Had to be very careful for the first year, no throwing a ball or casting a fishing rod even. Feel pretty good now though,just a little stray tenderness at times, but nothing like it felt when torn off. Both my surgeon and the physical therapist were very good, and I followed their advice to the letter, which I think was very helpful.
Wow........crazy looking. What is the braided material made of?