Old 04-05-08, 12:11 PM
Gavush
(this space for rent)

Bikes: 2018 Synapse Dura-Ace, 1995 Specialized M2-pro, 1995 Gary Fisher Montare

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
at 10:45 this morning I left town on my mtb and rode over to the trail head over at Montgomery Bell... went into the left side red trail about 10 yards to confirm that it was too wet to ride.. (and it was) - so, I continued down Jones Creek road and thought I'd see where it went since I haven't been down it very often.... Before I knew it I was in Dickson (next town over) near the Kmart. So... I took hwy 70 back home up some grueling hills. ride was 1 hr 45min.. 20 miles according to google maps. It was around 48 out when I left.. overcast and gloomy.

I did have one guy out doing some yard work call his dog off me. It was a large sized bulldog type thing... I already had my water bottle out when he called it off. "Frenzy! No! "Frenzy! Come!" - naturally, I felt better knowing the dog was named frenzy. I guess Cujo would have been worse...

I feel great about it. It's my first real ride in 9 years or more... on a mtb even. My tires for my road bike should be here next week... got a cateye astrale 8 for it and a saddle wedge with gear to fill it with last week. (Previously all my cycling was with my dad and he always had that stuff with him...) I also picked up a bell alchera that is lightyears ahead of my circa 1995 specialized air wave. I didn't wear it today though because my head would have been too cold...

edit, here's my ride: http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united...luff/231475840

(what a neat tool)

Last edited by Gavush; 04-05-08 at 02:44 PM.